The Aldridge GSL Bootcamp brought together four Aldridge schools to boost confidence and encourage real, social change
The Aldridge Foundation was first founded in 2006 by Sir Rod Aldridge OBE, a successful entrepreneur and philanthropist. It is a charity built on a desire to open the minds of young people, equipping them with essential, transferable employability and life skills. It strives to develop an enterprising mindset so that they will have the ability to create better life chances for themselves, and become catalysts for positive change in their communities. Future Foundations is proud to continue our long standing relationship with the delivery of this programme.
Students from BACA, PACA, DACA and Darwen Vale took part in the programme. The GSL Bootcamp helped to boost student’s confidence and wellbeing, especially in these challenging times of a global pandemic. They attended a virtual one day programme with our fantastic coaches Nadia and Maya. The students worked together to identify local and global issues they were passionate about and how they could take action to make a real difference in their local community. They then had 30 days to carry out the challenge of bringing this action to reality and the programme finished with the bang at an online graduation where we celebrated all the achievements of the students and showcased a selection of their projects.
- Brandon raised money, through doing household chores and bought Easter treats for all the children at a local refuge.
- Olivia did a sponsored bike ride to raise money for The Climate Coalition
- Ailsa created a blog raising awareness of pollution and sharing ideas to encourage people to be more eco friendly.
- Alice created an equality campaign for girls’ football – created a dedicated Instagram page.
- Rosie used re-cycled objects and creativity to create a ‘Save The World’ poster (pictured right!)
On the programme the students from two of the schools wrote a poem using the chat function entitled ‘Change is Coming’ which can be read below!
”It was amazing and I would love to do it again.
”I have really enjoyed participating in this Bootcamp, I have learnt lots of new things and have enjoyed representing my school in such an important cause.
”This bootcamp has really boosted my confidence and self esteem.