Run off-site for Gifted and Talented students, these multi-day tutor led Summer Schools stretch the students academically, raise aspirations and attainment in preparation for applications to selective universities.
Gifted and Talented students from maintained schools and academies.
Students typically select one to two subjects from the list below:
- General Science
- Modern Foreign Languages
- History of Art
- Recruitment of participants
- Venue identification and liaison
- Mock interviews
- One to one coaching sessions
- Night time welfare
- E-mentoring follow up
- Central London: Westminster Year 11 Summer School, delivered in partnership with Westminster School. Supported by the Shine Education Trust.
- North London: Chrysalis Year 10 and 12 Summer School, delivered in partnership with Highgate School
- Berkshire and Surrey: Future Pathways Summer School, delivered in partnership with Wellington College
- Essex: Colchester County Year 10, 11 and 12 Summer School, delivered in partnership Colchester County High School for Girls
- Tower Hamlets: Aldgate and All Hallows Year 9 and 10 Summer School, hosted at Queen Mary, University of London and Churchill College, University of Cambridge. Supported by the Aldgate and All Hallows Foundation.
One of the most important messages I took away from the experience was that where you come from cannot determine where you are headed.Harshadha, Participant on Westminster Summer School
His statement on Friday to us was that he will, 'never say no to anything and that he intends to say yes to any opportunity that comes his way' and that he felt that it was one of the best things he has ever done!!! What more can we say but to thank you again for your time and commitment and for giving Harry a new outlook on life.Ruth & Ken, Parents of a Summer School participant