Teams are all getting their Legacy Challenge Reports in! Make sure your team is not left behind. Visit Brightside and submit your report.
The Legacy Careers Project is delivered in East London schools, getting young people thinking about their careers, broaden their horizons and give them the confidence, skills and motivation to start to plan their futures.
Appointed to lead a consortium of partners by the London Legacy Development Corporation, we enable businesses operating in and around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to shape careers information, advice and guidance in schools, by linking IAG to real jobs that will be generated and to real students who may go into these jobs.
Interested in your school taking part in the Legacy Careers Project?
I would improve my education, and use it like a passportStudent, St Paul's School, 2013
Today helped me broaden my horizons and if I put my mind to it the possibilities are endless.Student, St Angela's Ursuline School, 2013
Today I learnt that you don't need to know what you want to be! You go through stages to get to where you want to be.Student, Connaught School for Girls, 2014
You should follow what your heart says. Don't just sit there and wait until something comes to you. Right attitude will get you the right skills to get the right job.Student, St Angela's Ursuline School, 2014
The students had a positive approach and proactive attitude towards the project and it got them thinking about jobs and careers early on.Teacher, St Paul's Way Trust School, 2013
The engagement of our students appeared to grow with the project.Teacher, Walthamstow Academy 2014
Teacher, St Angela's Ursuline School 2013
- Tower Hamlets
- Waltham Forest
- A mix of enrichment days in schools to broaden horizons and help prepare young people for the world of work.
- An experiential learning approach where participants learn from direct experiences and encounters with business employers. The learning is informed by career information that is relevant to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and their wider local area.
- Information for school pupils initially in Year 8 (following into Year 9) about the required skills/experiences for a variety of jobs on and around the Park.
- Additional leadership opportunity for a selected group of older students who will take on a peer mentoring leadership role. (Team Leaders)
- Access to the Brigthside Platform, an online career pathways platform for young people to explore the career opportunities available and pathways to jobs.
- A bespoke careers IAG project for the Year 12 Team Leaders and the Park Apprentices to support them to plan and manage their careers, including mentoring and networking programme.
- Information and guidance from business employers through ECHO, the timebank for the Park and by other means.
- Pathways by linking the programme with work experience placements and inspirational visits brokered with employers on and around the Park.
Legacy Careers Project
Developed from the Legacy Careers Pilot Programme 2013 and the evaluation report published by the International Centre for Guidance Studies, the consortium has developed the 2 year programme in schools to be more flexible and to provide resources, training and support to enable participating schools to adopt the programme in future years.
Legacy Mentoring Programme
The Legacy Mentoring Programme is an opportunity for young people in East London and around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to gain valuable advice and guidance on their next steps from a business mentor. The programme will help provide the young people in Sixth Form or in apprenticeships on the Park with support to enable them to explore their career options and make a successful transition onto their next step.