The Bright Futures Weekend enables young people to experience life at a world-leading Russell Group university, meet able and aspiring students from across the UK and take their personal development to the next level with expert help from Future Foundations coaches. Over two days participants will experience a packed timetable of engaging and interactive workshops and challenges, hear from inspirational academics and engage with like-minded students from across the country.
The Bright Futures conference is provided by Award Winning training organisation Future Foundations in collaboration with our partners IGGY, an online network connecting the world’s brightest young minds. Join us in December 2016 at the University of Warwick for a unique weekend that will transform your future and motivate you to reach your full personal and academic potential.
Bright Futures has been an incredible, empowering experience. I've learnt to push myself, face my fears, become more independent and I feel inspired now to reach my fullest potential!Year 12 Student, Luton Sixth Form College
Really amazing! Future Foundations incorporated learning with fun and developed my understanding of University. The experience has helped me to take my education seriouslyYear 11 Student, Cardinal Hinsley School
It was truly eye opening and made me seriously consider my personal goals and how I want to achieve them.Year 13 Student De La Salle College
- Discussions and debates with intellectual peers across the world
- Advice and guidance from university student mentors
- Input from academics and other experts
- Participation in projects and competitions
- Access to stimulating content
Reach Your True Potential
- Build a toolkit of transferable soft skills; from presentation skills to effective time management.
- Be inspired by special topics sessions from Warwick University’s leading academics in a choice of subjects.
- Experience life at one of the UK’s top Russell Group Universities and receive expert advice to help you make ambitious and informed decisions about Higher Education.
- Discover what you can study at University, explore a variety of tuition styles and connect with current students.
- Develop your self-confidence, leadership techniques and teamwork skills.
- Commit to ambitious personal and academic goals and receive expert support to achieve them.
- Benefit from small group coaching from experienced, dynamic professions that can help you achieve your full potential.
- Meet and connect with the brightest students from across the UK to exchange ideas, build your network and make like-minded friends.
- Instant membership of IGGY’s global education network, an online social and academic network allowing you to access stimulating academic material, incredible competitions, opportunities and mentoring.
Kick Start Your Future Success
- Be in years 10, 11, 12 or 13
- Be interested in applying to a selective university, or
- Be on track to gain 300 UCAS points by the end of Year 13
Programme Costs and Options
Non Residential Early Bird - Book Now!
£ 199Book by 30th August
Non ResidentialStandard Entry
£ 239Book by 30th October
Non ResidentialLate Entry
£ 279Available until programme is full
Participants local to the area or those that prefer to stay locally (e.g. in a local hotel) may select to attend Bright Futures on a non-residential basis, for a reduced fee. You will be provided with lunch and all activities between 10:am – 6:00pm on Saturday and 9:00am – 4:00pm on Sunday. Should you wish to stay for dinner and evening activities on Saturday this can be arranged for an additional fee of £25.
£ 299Book by 30th August
£ 339Book by 30th October
£ 379Available until programme is full
Residential participants will be staying at Arden House within the University’s campus in private, en-suite bedrooms. Future Foundations staff will be present throughout to ensure your safety.An optional ‘welcome package’ is available for students arriving from 6pm on Friday, for and additional £125. This package includes:
- Friday night accommodation on Campus
- A hot breakfast at Arden on the Saturday morning
- Pastoral care team on site to ensure your safety