You need to ensure you upload the video files in all 3 formats to ensure that it shows correctly on all machines inc mobile devices.
- OGG (/OGV)
Note you also need to upload an IMAGE so that if the machine being used can’t play video for some reason then it will show a picture rather than a broken link/big blank space.
RESOURCE: Use http://www.online-convert.com/
Note that you can use this one website to convert the file from the type you have already (WebM, MP4, or OGG/OGV) into both the other formats. The website is pretty intuitive: it uploads the file, queues it for processing, then saves the converted file back to your computer when done (as long as you leave the browser window open). Enjoy!
- ‘Edit’ a photo
- Upload photo
- From the ‘Basic Edits’ menu on left, select ‘Crop’
- Change dropdown from ‘No fixed proportions’ to ‘Square’
- Use the corners on the selection box to get to the bit of the photo you want to use, or as much as possible of the image. Make sure the focus of the image is in the middle!
- Click ‘Apply’
- From the ‘Frames’ menu on the left, select ‘Rounded Corners’
- Slide the ‘Corner Radius’ slider bar to the far right – you should now have a circular image
- Tick the ‘Transparent Corners’ tickbox
- Click ‘Apply’
- Click ‘Save’ from the top menu
- Save locally then upload to the FF website’s media library as you normally would
Use entire section below to test any new features, mock up pages, etc etc. You can easily check the visuals of the page by going to future-foundations.co.uk/test
Anything in this section can be deleted by any user at any time, so don’t leave anything here that you definitely want to see again. If you don’t want something deleted, please mark that clearly so in a text box, but even then – no guarantees…!