Our programmes with schools and young people are growing in the UK
We are excited to be looking for a full time Programme Manager for the AWS GetIT programme in the UK.
AWS GetIT is an education program and competition for young students to build a more inclusive and diverse talent pipeline for the tech industry. The program’s mission is to inspire young people to gain digital skills and consider a career in technology, while empowering underrepresented in tech minority professionals to build more confidence and leadership skills as they become greater role models and advocates for inclusion, diversity, and equity (IDE) in technology.
Future Foundations is working with AWS GetIT in the UK to offer the education program and competition in-person and virtually.
You can find more information about the programme here:
- Location: Future Foundations, Devas Club, 2a Stormont Road, London SW11 5EN (Hybrid working)
- Hours: Full time – Five days a week (35 hours a week).
- Remuneration: £30,000 per annum
- Annual leave: Starting at 28 days annual leave, plus 8 days Bank Holidays. Plus a day off for your birthday.
- Start Date: Ideally, we would like someone to start on the 8th August. The successful candidate would need to have completed an Enhanced DBS and have provided references, including from their previous employer.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
You will have main oversight of all the programme elements for the UK. Your role will be essential in recruiting schools for the programme There are clear recruitment targets for each year which aim to retain alumni schools as well as engaging new schools to participate.
Future Foundations act the key connector between schools and their AWS Ambassador throughout their journey, offering support, encouraging and supporting schools to complete the programme.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES FROM THE ROLE
- To manage programme timelines, milestones and actions for the successful delivery of the programme
- To ensure that members of the team are working effectively to meet timelines and objectives
- To meet key targets for the programme, such as school sign ups and engagement numbers
- A very high standard of client liaison
- To lead on successful delivery of programme events and stages
- To manage project plans and operational plans to include oversight of; timelines, actions and deadlines by the team
- To manage the budget for the programme; creating a budget forecast and reporting on P&L to senior management
- To ensure that systems are in place for the efficient management of schools within our system (Citrix Podio)
- To ensure that key targets are being met, and taking reasonability for taking action where the targets are at risk of not being met
- To report to senior management in FF and AWS on project progress,
- To attend weekly client calls; ensuring actions are followed up by the team
- To deliver training and presentation to AWS Ambassadors as part of their training or information events
- To work with client to ensure all communications and documents go through the correct checking procedures for legal and PR sign off
- To ensure all FF policies and procedures are being followed to ensure safe and high-quality programme design and delivery
- To work systematically to engage and recruit schools onto the programme within a certain time period
- To ensure the correct target audience are being reach
- To ensure continued school engagement throughout the programme, and manage withdrawals from the programme in line with targets
- To oversee communication with schools such as email campaigns, phone calls and online events
- To ensure that all stages of the programme are on track, and that there are effective systems in place to ensure clear data for each of these
- To ensure effective communication is ongoing with schools to keep them up to date with all programme information, and that key stages are being completed
- To ensure impeccable records of all communication with schools and documentation are kept up to date at all times
- To work with AWS to ensure ambassadors are paired with appropriate schools
- To ensure that all attendance for events is accurately recorded
- To liaise with client to ensure clear roles and responsibilities are defined, along with clear timelines / deadlines for actions
- To liaise with schools about in person events, such as the winners day, to ensure that health and safety and safeguarding considerations are clearly discussed and responsibility for these areas is defined. This will include creating documents to support this.
- To ensure that all FF policies and procedures are being followed to ensure safe and high-quality programme design and delivery, such as creation of Risk Assessments and adherence to safeguarding protocols
- To ensure that all events, either in person or virtual, are attended by an FF presentative, as required
- To ensure that any materials or kit for events is ready and delivered as required
Other areas identified with this role include:
- Ability to travel to various locations around the country if required
- Participate in various project work as and when required. You may be asked to support other programmes during busy periods, or to feed into strategy plans across projects
- Degree or equivalent
- PRINCE2 or similar project management qualification or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 year of project management in a workplace context
- A background of successful school engagement
- Experience working in the youth or education sector
- Strong operational and logistical experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- A passion for working with young people
- Able to balance competing priorities
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Experience of using WordPress
- Experience of data handling, including an understanding of UK GDPR and data security
- Experience of presenting to groups or leading training sessions online
- Ability to use internet technology (e.g. YouTube, blogs, Prezi) to produce high quality social media
- Commitment to Future Foundations’ mission, vision, and principles
- Excellent communicator – vocal and written
- Rises to a challenge
- Professional at all times
- Works to very high standards
- A keen eye for detail
- Very organised
- You must complete an enhanced DBS check before you can work with us; a previous one from another company is not accepted for this role.
- You must provide at least 2 references, including your previous employer
Step 1 — Application
Complete the online application form, before Tuesday 7th June 2022 (click the yellow button to apply), and upload your CV & Cover Letter.
Step 2 — First Interview
First round interviews will be held in person at our office in Clapham Junction the week of the 13th June. Ahead of interviews we will ask you to prepare a task and will also include a timed task after the interview.
Step 3 — Second Interview
2nd Round Interviews will be held at our office in Clapham Junction the week of the 27th June. 2-3 applicants are expected to progress to this stage. Ahead of interviews we will ask you to prepare a task.