On Friday 19th June 2015, Future Foundations ran a Leadership Day at for 112 Year 12 students at Prior Park College, Bath.
This a programme we deliver annually for the Sixth-formers at the college and is always a highlight of our coaching calendar. The exciting and impactful day is designed to develop leadership skills and increase confidence, teamwork and personal aspirations. Through the programme students grow to understand that in order to be effective leaders of their school and make an impact on society, they must first learn to lead themselves.
The programme was Course Directed by Juliette Noske and our Future Foundations coaches were Owen Bailey, Jakub Goscinny, Elizabeth Annor-Agyei, Patrick Azille and Louis Stokes. The coaching team had an incredible dynamic, helped by being made up of newbies to FF, previous participants of programmes and old hats! Each coach brought a wealth of knowledge and experience, with an openness to share and support one another.
Prior Park College, Bath
- Encourage the students to take personal responsibility for their own success, take opportunities and highlight the benefits of doing so
- Help students identify life goals and work back through life stages that will take them there; challenging them to identify current achievement needed for future success and their part in it
- Build the students’ confidence, initiative, teamwork, pro-activity and commitment towards their vision through working together on team building tasks
- Special topics sessions encouraging students to broaden their perspectives by considering different projects inside school, including prefect leadership
- Challenge students perception of limited time by exploring state and time management techniques
- Provide a fun and interactive experience which the students will remember
“I think that there is a lot of pressure from all sides for young people to decide what they want to do for the rest of their lives NOW. It is important to think about and understand what you would like to do, but it is not always necessary to know exactly what you want to do. There are also many opportunities now to shift and change your focus as each day passes.
Many people do not know precisely what they want to do when they are at school. Yes, things like subject choices are important decisions, however I think we need to explain that life is not rigid and there are possibilities to shift and change along your path in life!”
– Juliette Noske, Course Director
It was really nice to have your view listened to, as at school you're never really given a chanceStudent, Prior Park College
Being a leader is so important!Student, Prior Park College
Today has been inspiring, delicious, yet seemingly nutritious. A powerful motivator to be reckoned with!
Student, Prior Park College
Thank you for a truly eye opening experience.Student, Prior Park