This is an exciting new role for Future Foundations to facilitate and project manage our in school and online environmental programmes (initially focused on London schools).
- Various London schools and locations.
- For office work and project management: London, SW11 5EN
- Some home working to be agreed
- Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
- Hours: Five days a week (40 Hours per week). We would be open to this being part-time four days a week for the right candidate (32 hours a week).
- Annual leave: 33 days per annum, including Bank Holidays. Additional day per year of employment, up to 38 days per annum
- Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Contract: This is a fixed term 8 month contract (November 2021 to June 2022) with potential for extension to permanent contract.
- Deadline to apply: 24th October 2021
- Start date: ASAP
Summary of role…
Future Foundations is excited to share we are recruiting for a passionate and experienced full-time youth facilitator and project manager, for our school programmes, with a focus on delivering environmental action programmes.
This is a fixed term 8 month contract (November 2021 to June 2022), five days a week (40 hours a week). We would be open to this being part-time four days a week for the right candidate (32 hours a week).
This role will include two elements
- Facilitating youth programmes in schools and online.
- Project management including engaging with schools, teachers and students/parents, assisting with project administration, document creation, operational planning and logistics for various delivery elements of each programme to meet the client brief and to a specific timeline.
You will need to be passionate about the environment, and have experience delivering programmes for young people.
Your main role will be facilitating and managing the delivery of two Bertha Earth programmes. Future Foundations is working in partnership with Bertha Earth to pilot and scale their programmes.
Bertha Earth is an exciting new youth-centred environmental organisation committed to co-creating a world where every child inherits a healthy, thriving planet. Through their programmes, people and storytelling platform their mission is to grow a diverse network of young environmental leaders, storytellers and changemakers who protect, nurture, and reignite a great love for our planet.
By 2030 Bertha Earth aspire to have funded, trained and supported at least 10,000 Bertha Earth Ambassadors, to be working with 126 Schools a year and to be training over 250 teachers every summer on their teacher training retreat; so they can independently deliver the programme in their schools. Bertha Earth’s ambition is also to have opened their own bespoke residential nature retreat space for young people, enabling them to deliver weekly immersive environmental leadership retreats to their committed and most engaged Ambassadors
Bertha Earth and Future Foundations have launched the first Ambassadors programme already and are recruiting this role to support delivery of remaining Autumn workshops and then lead delivery in schools and online from January onwards, with responsibility for managing and engaging with schools and young people in-between sessions.
See more about this year’s Ambassadors programme: https://berthaearth.com/bertha-earth-school-invite/
Workshops for both programmes will start in January 2022:
Bertha Earth Ambassadors in school workshops at three schools in London (weekly):
- Tuesdays at 15:30 – 16:30
- Wednesdays at 13:30 – 14:30
- Thursdays 15:00 – 16:00
Bertha Earth Changemakers online workshops (weekly):
- As part of the role, there will be 13 workshops running between January & July 2022. Full schedule is being confirmed and will involve some evening and/or weekend work to support with the workshops.
- Deadline for applications: Sunday 24th October
- Online or Telephone interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates
- Final round interview: w/c 8th November
- The interviews are planned to be held in London
We will contact you to confirm whether the interviews will be at our office or virtual, and we will be following the latest Covid-19 guidelines.
Start date: ASAP
- To deliver high-quality events and workshops
- To effectively and to a high standard manage communications with schools, young people and their parents / guardians about various elements of the programmes
- To support the management of project plans and timelines to a high standard
- To manage to a high standard all record keeping of engagement and communications
- To meet key performance indicators for the programmes
- Identifying operational and educational issues as part of the planning process and liaising with the client to address them in advance
- Facilitate workshops in schools and online for young people to a high standard
- Supporting to ensure excellent levels of client communication and satisfaction for each programme
- Report writing from programme data for the client or for project management teams as directed
Event Workshop and programme delivery support
- To support with planning and creation of appropriate ‘paperwork’ ahead of any elements of the programmes
- To support communication with teachers, students, parent/guardians as required for each programme
- To support with providing schools the information needed for any events or project elements
- To pack resources needed for any events or programme element; this would include printing or packing of physical resources and being responsible for bringing those or for creating and uploading digital resources for virtual programmes
- To support with set up of the venue for the events, or online set up, and to then support various operations for the event as directed by the lead for the event or programme delivery
- Manage outgoing programme communication to participants inline with the communications plan
Supporting the project management of the programme
- To ensure delegated tasks relating to the delivery of the programme are completed effectively, to a high standard and to deadline
- Supporting other members of the project management teams to ensure project tasks are delivered within agreed timelines
- Supporting with the creation of key documentation required by clients or project managers
- Updating our data management system and administration for the programmes as required
- Using our IT systems and online tools e.g. Canva to create materials for programmes
Supporting post programme delivery
- Ensuring feedback is collated and reports created
- Ensuring all paperwork is correctly uploaded
- Ensuing that all staff feedback is collected
- Supporting with any data reports as required for various clients
- Creation of Social Media content
- Gathering/processing of video and photographs to allow creation of a promotional video post programme
- Collecting testimonials for future use on the website and promotional materials
- Collating content for blogs for the website
- Updating the website page
- Ability to work flexible hours as and when required and to be agreed in advance where possible
- Participate in various project work as and when required
- You may be asked to support other programmes during busy periods, or to feed into strategy plans across projects
- Facilitated programmes with young people
- Experience of overseeing programme delivery inline with policies, risk assessments and safeguarding
- In-depth understanding of the environment and environmental issues
- Experience supporting social/environmental action
- Able to create welcoming and inclusive spaces for young people from different backgrounds
- Experience in working with young people and ability to see young people’s potential and hold them to it
- A reflective practitioner, able to embed ways of gathering feedback and ensuring quality
- Able to articulate, deliver and measure clear, relevant and effective learning outcomes
- Able to communicate with precision and clarity, especially with a younger audience
- Understanding of safeguarding and how to maintain a safe environment
- Able to communicate effectively with a client and stakeholders
- Able to tell great stories and capture the imagination of young people
- Experience of delivering retreats/residentials
- Supporting/ delivering environmental projects
- Experience of supporting project management
- Operational and logistical experience
- Experience of working with people from all levels, from participants to stakeholders
- Able to balance competing priorities whilst maintaining productivity
- Ability to monitor, assess and evaluate performance
- Experience of creating reports and minute taking
OTHER SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Experience working with schools
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Packages
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- Able to work in a team and independently
- A high standard of data management
- Commitment to accuracy and a high attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Coaching/mentoring experience
- Experience in the use of CRM systems
- Ability to use internet technology (e.g. YouTube, blogs, Prezi) and a willingness to learn new ones
- You must complete an enhanced DBS check before you can work with us; a previous one from another company is not accepted for this role.
- You must provide at least 2 references, including your previous employer